Mindshapes, a leading interactive learning company, is seeking a Marketing Manager for Magic Town, the first virtual world based on storytelling for young children. Magic Town uses storytelling to inspire children aged 2 – 6+ to develop a lifelong love of stories and reading.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving Magic Town’s customer acquisition and retention plans and implementing a series of creative campaigns aligned to the product’s global marketing strategy.
Member of: Commercial Team
Reports to: VP Marketing
Working closely with: Magic Town’s Managing Director; PR Manager; Head of Creative; Licensing Director; and marketing directors in our partner organisations.
- Day-to-day management and hands-on implementation of Magic Town’s marketing strategy and communication plan to drive registration increase brand awareness and meet business goals. Responsible for audience engagement, traffic, and measuring campaign results.
- Run creative marketing campaigns, brand awareness and price promotions across channels such as email, PR, website, online PPC and display advertising.
- Develop messaging across print collateral, online and offline ads and digital assets for the Magic Town website and social media channels.
- Write briefs for creative team to work from and oversee asset development from concept through tracking.
- Responsible for maintaining the promotional website www.magictown.com, including features, content, and editorial calendar. Write site copy, blog posts, and oversee production of images, videos, audio and other media. Maintain Magic Town’s social media channels.
- Serve as the “customer advocate” to the Magic Town product development team, documenting in-game enhancements to meet parents’ needs. Provide requirements for new features and content accordingly.
- Specify requirements for in-game marketing tools, such as viral features, rewards, loyalty programs and messaging.
- Collaborate with the PR manager on all press activity to gain media coverage through editorials, blogger outreach, and advertising.
- Collaborate with partner publishers on co-marketing initiatives, ensuring that Magic Town features prominently in their channels. Develop gift bag toss-ins, email co-promotions, digital assets, and schedule author/illustrator appearances as needed.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience, ideally as a Marketing Manager or Planner in a small creative agency or as an in-house digital marketer at a leading children’s or family-oriented brand.
- Proven track record of successful digital campaign planning and execution across a mix of media.
- Deep understanding of social media user engagement and effective online customer acquisition.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Digital Media.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, as well as Mailchimp, CMS, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Familiarity with parent/family market, online games, children’s media, and educational technology.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management, budget management and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passionate about children, education and technology.
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected].