The Literary Platform / TLP Collective is currently seeking a girl or boy Friday to assist on projects from November 2013. The intern will be asked to join us on Fridays at our offices on Redchurch Street, Shoreditch, London.
The Literary Platform is a free online resource dedicated to showcasing projects experimenting with literature and technology. Its consultancy arm, TLP Collective, works with publishers, literary organisations, authors, start-ups and developers – offering consultancy, curation and communications services.
This work experience role is for a specific social media project but may also involve some other general administrative duties such as:
– Content updating of newsfeed
– Undertaking research for potential feature articles
– Proofreading website copy
– Researching titles for possible review
– Both sites are built in WordPress so knowledge of this CMS preferred
Social Media support:
– Updating twitter, facebook and LinkedIn accounts
– Support in lead up to 2014 events across The Literary Platform and The Writing Platform
Who we are looking for:
– A confident and enthusiastic worker
– Digitally aware – someone with an interest in and understanding of digital publishing and someone with their own laptop
The position is unpaid work experience but with expenses for lunch and travel covered. References will be made available after the internship, as well as helping with contacts within the publishing industry for further employment.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to Sophie Rochester at firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2013.