Publishers Weekly is the international journal of book publishing and bookselling including business news, reviews, bestseller lists, commentaries and more. The iPad/iPhone edition offers readers selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable collection of back issues (to May 2010).
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only)
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers, ISBNs or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
The app was created by Exact Editions, who have been working with magazine, book, catalogue and newspaper publishers to render publications usable on the web and web-enabled devices since 2005. Subscriptions are available for individuals, libraries and institutions. Online pages can be bookmarked, as well as cited by users or web applications. The platform renders email addresses, URLs, Tables of Contents, ISBNs, postcodes and telephone numbers as clickable links. The text in the publication can also be read by screen-readers for visually impaired users to access the content.