On 14 June the UK’s brightest digital and creative minds will share what inspires them at SCAMP2012, a conference at Google Campus Shoreditch organised by SheSays.
SCAMP2012 is going back to where it all begins: great minds, new ideas and serendipitous discovery and hopes to counter the typical industry conference. Filled with talks, experiments, interactive activities and collaborative formats from 20+ of the UK’s most interesting creative thinkers, makers and doers, the day will runs from 9am – 6pm, with a celebratory rooftop BBQ afterwards.
Recognising that conferences too often feature just 20% female speakers, or fewer, SCAMP2012 has turned the ratio on its head with a dazzling list of speakers, performers and thinkers, that just happens to be more female than male.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Anna Rafferty, MD of Penguin Digital
- Clare Reddington, resident at Pervasive Media Studio
- Dana Al-Salem, founder of Fanshake music community network
- Dave Birss, host of the Future of Advertising podcast
- Jo Hemmings, celebrity psychologist
- Katie Bell, commercial directory for Stardoll
- Liri Andersson, co-founder of advertising consultancy this fluid world
- Mel Exon, MD of BBH Labs
- Nicole Yershon, Director of Innovation at Ogilvy
- Pat Cadigan, sci-fi and non-fiction author
- Salena Godden, poet, performer and writer
- Katie Harris & Adil Abrar, founders of The Amazings
- Nange Magro, pioneer of mind-controlled fashion
SCAMP2012 is a SheSays event sponsored by Getty Images, Google Campus and Central Working. It’s open to men and women from across the creative, media and communication spaces. Tickets are £120 and press passes are available.
SheSays is the only global creative network for women. It’s an award-winning organisation that runs free mentorship and events to women in the creative and marketing industries, plus courses, awards, career management and a collaborative platform called Shout. SheSays was founded by Alessandra Lariu and Laura Jordan Bambach and is now active in 15 cities worldwide.
Conference details: http://pinterest.com/scampconference/