O’Reilly Media & Publishers Weekly has created its inaugural writer-focused event – Author (R)evolution Day – which will take place on 12th February 2013 in New York City. Author (R)evolution Day will bring together authors, content creators, agents, publishers, innovators, and the some of the most visionary companies creating the future of publishing for a practical and thought-provoking one-day conference-within-a-conference to explore the most critical issues that authors face, such as:
– The writer’s role in the future of publishing
– How to work smarter using new tools & strategies
– How to leverage online communities to shape content, build audiences, and tap into new revenue models
– What writers need to know to make the best decisions about copyright and intellectual property
– How to decide which production and distribution services are right
– How to use free and low-cost digital resources to increase book visibility and sales
– What new multimedia authoring tools can do to enhance and extend the life of your book project
– How to decide between self-publishing or pursuing a traditional publishing deal
“The publishing industry is in the midst of profound change. Authors have more control over the finished product—and its success—than ever before, but they are often left to their own devices to figure out how to make sense of the dizzying array of opportunities, competing messages, and rapidly evolving best-practices.”
BOOK NOW for your place at Author (R)evolution Day.
Are you a writer? If so, please complete this short survey about your digital needs to inform a new free online resource for writers.