This two-day free writers’ workshop was aimed at developing writers for the digital age, with a £6k development contract supplied by Portal Entertainment.
Following on from the success of last year the Immersive Writing Lab, brought to you by Portal Entertainment in partnership with the Literary Platform, Ogilvy, and Cisco, was a two day writers workshop and three month competition aimed at developing writers. The Lab was specifically aimed at writers who want to write ‘immersive entertainment’: stories told over more than one medium and requiring the audience to take part and discover the story. The event was held at Ravensbourne in London on October 26th and 27th 2012.
The focus of the 2012 workshop was ‘ROLEPLAY’ – how do you get an audience to discover and navigate through your story? How do you keep them hooked? What are the most common mistakes?
- Immersive Theatre: Pete Higgins, Punchdrunk
- Comedy: Adam Riches, winner of Best Show at Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2011
- Magic: Brad Henderson, one of the best sleight of hand magicians in the world.
- Video Games: Dan Burwen, formerly of EA, writer of groundbreaking interactive comic All the Shah’s Men
- Interactive Narrative: Mike Jones, Head of Story at Portal Entertainment, winner of AFTIE
- Technology and Perceptive Media: Ian Forrester, Senior Producer R&D at BBC
- Branded Entertainment: Doug Scott, President of Ogilvy Entertainment